Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Prologue

Am I lost, or just beginning to find my way? Is this the right time to embark on a such a journey? Will I be able to balance the demands of a family, a career, and an education?

As I look towards the future, I'm overwhelmed by these questions. I'm confused by a multitude of conflicting emotions that wash over me: anxiety and pride, worry and curiosity, apprehension and determination. Doubt creeps through my mind.

But if I stop for just a moment, forget the questions, ignore the emotions, and put indecision aside; I feel that I've made the right choice. Experience over the past three years tells me I won't find fulfillment as just a classroom teacher. My heart seeks to reignite the passion that once led me to a career in this field, and my soul thirsts for new knowledge. I've ignored these desires for some time, and it's time I did something about it.

As I pursue a master's degree, stress will become like my shadow. It will put a strain on my career, my relationships, and probably my sanity at some point. But this path will ultimately lead to new insight, new challenges, and new opportunities. I might get lost along the way, but I intend to forge ahead.

No comments: